Forged Motorsport Final Drive Gears & Pinions
I've documented my quest to reach the ultimate S65 response build by lightening the drivetrain with a billet carbon steel flywheel by TTV, and Carbon Fiber Driveshaft by Mfactoy.
The next step is to shorten gears by increasing the final drive ratio on our M cars. More torque through the differential means more power to the ground, staying in the power band of our highly strung engines.
Unfortunately, sourcing gear & pinion sets is a difficult undertaking. Most options need to be bought used and reconditioned, or bought new at high prices from BMW. I have been looking for a factory to offer an aftermarket gear & pinion set for most BMW M cars in DCT, SMG and MT.
I chatted with Michael at MFactory & YCW Engineering, and he immediately took notice of our interest.
In the spirit of EuroConnex: this is a true factory direct connex.
MFactory is a fundamental supplier to the OEM & aftermarket drivetrain industry. They are ISO regulated,
Here are some highlights.
- Official OEM to Honda of America's Motorsports Divisions
- Official OEM to Toyota Motorsports Europe
- World's Largest Manufacturer of Forged Performance Transmission Components for Japanese and European Automobiles
- North America's Largest Manufacturer of Limited Slip Differentials for Japanese and European Automobiles
- North America's Largest Honda/Acura Performance Transmission Specialist
- North America's Largest BMW Performance Drivetrain Specialist
Due to non-disclosures, MFactory cannot list all of their clients publicly.
Every product within the MFactory catalog is designed in-house in the USA and manufactured in-house to our own specifications at both our US R&D Facility and in their Taiwan factory, before being tested & developed in the real-world on state-of-the-art race vehicles from North America, Europe and Asia-Pacific.
Mfactory is looking to develop forged gears & pinions for the BMW M market in our desired final gears. Here are the design specifications.
- 3.45, 3.62, 3.91 and 4.10 ratios
- Compatible with OEM M Variable LSD or aftermarket LSD
- Forged raw materials imported from Japan
- SAE 8620 specifications: post-treatment Tensile U/Y Strength of over 900/550 MPa and HRC 61
- CNC machined to precise specifications
- Secondary Heat Treatment: State-of-the-art Case Hardening procedure achieved via computer-controlled Gas Carburization and Quenching
- Double-Tempering: A superior heat treatment technique used to decrease the brittleness and increase the toughness of their parts
- Surface Grinding: Through the use of state-of-the-art diamond grinding machines, they ensure all parts are smooth, precise and free of burrs
- Super Sub-Zero Processing: An advanced treatment technique whereby the parts are cryogenically hardened at -300°F, realigning the steels crystalline structure for maximum strength, then heat tempered again for a 3rd time to ensure maximum toughness (resistance to fracture)
- Micro-Peening Treatment: the parts are subject to a high speed shot blast with our proprietary micro media, creating a super smooth surface
- WPC treatment optional
- 30 day money back guarantee
- 3.62 MDCT E9X M3 applications will require TCU remap and a new MT differential cover
- Professional installation highly recommended. This is not a DIY.