I am getting the first unit of the OEM+ 1pc Carbon Plenum by early July for review, documentation and sound clips. The OEM+ configuration is intended for sound & improved aesthetics.
I will follow up the OEM+ kit documentation by upgrading to the Competition Spec and review the kit again, along with dyno graphs.
The initial 10x members who Pre-Order will also have the opportunity to upgrade at a discounted rate to the Competition Spec plenum with larger, longer intake runners, larger plenum inlets, larger sealed carbon intakes along with Alpha N tuning.
Your payment remains fully refundable at all times.
See below for more background and technical information.
Finishing what BMW M started: the crown jewel of the V10's development.
In 2009, BMW M built a one-off prototype of a BMW M5 CSL based on the E60 M5 V10. Meant as celebration for the 25 years of the BMW M5, it was never released.
There were various must-haves in the eyes of S85 owner, yet none were as arguably desired as the entirely massive carbon air intake system.
Read more about the M5 CSL backstory here.
Improving upon BMW M's prototype.
The engineers at BMW M developed a prototype in short order, and didn't consider the real world implications of their design.
They knew it would never be produced.
You can read more about the deductions that were made from the limited pictures available here.
The engineering team at Infinity Design is tackling this development project with a key focus on modularity.
You can read more about why modularity matters and its technical specifications that were developed here.
- Modular Plenum Design:
- Modular velocity stacks design for customization per performance objectives.
- Modular intake inlet design for increase air volume.
- Modular construction for easy fitting to the angled S85 throttle bodies.
- Removable bolted lid for easy access to velocity stacks & removal of the plenum.
- CNC'ed ITB fittings for reliability.
- Retains all PCV and vacuum hoses.
- Complete pre-preg & autoclaved carbon fiber construction
- 2x2 weave pattern
- Matte or Gloss clear coated finish.
OEM CSL style kit includes:
- Plenum design with OEM diameter inlets.
- Fitted with OEM style velocity stacks.
- Fits with OEM style air intakes
- Compatible with MAF.
Competition CSL complete kit includes:
- Plenum design with larger CSL style inlets
- Extra bung for air intake sensor
- Sealed carbon intakes with larger CSL style inlet tubes
- Alpha N Tuning
- Can be fitted with OEM style velocity stacks or Competition lengthened runners for mid range torque bump.