The zenith of naturally aspirated M engines were still restricted
The S85 and the S65 were the pinnacles of naturally aspirated engine development by BMW M. Yet, like many street engines, it needed to meet emissions target which added restrictions to header design and package.
I wrote about BMW M's header development, restrictions, the history of compromised solutions and why I feel the V3 headers are the best solution on the market here.
- Equal length long tube header design
- Retains F1 style S85 exhaust sound
- 42mm runner diameter for optimal performance on 5.0 displacement and strokers
- Gains of up to +/- 70whp and wtq when paired with tuning
- 304 Stainless Steel Construction
- Bungles for pre-cat, post-cat and temperature sensors.
- TIG welded
- Deletes primary catalytic converters
- Fits LHD and RHD
Tuning is required to maximize performance gains and remove Check Engine Light (CEL). Professional installation is highly recommended. It requires lowering the front subframe. Slight heat shield modifications are required to clear the runners.
Production Year 2005 can fit the temperature sensors. Head and front pipe gaskets not included. Hardware included to fit the merge collectors to the exhaust runners.
Infinity Design Stage 3 Tuning
If you select this option, you will be contacted by Sal @ Infinity Design to determine the specifications of your tune, including Speed Limited Removal, Vanos tuning, Rev Limiter Increase, Cold Start deletes and other options. Pricing includes the tuning cable.